The Sonoma County Agricultural Preservation and Open Space District permanently protects the diverse agricultural, natural resource, and scenic open space lands of Sonoma County for future generations.
District goals include:
- Maintain the county’s rich rural character and the unique qualities of each city and areas throughout the county that help provide our sense of community.
- Support the economic vitality of working farms to preserve the agricultural heritage and diversity of the county.
- Protect the ridgetops, coastal bluffs, hillsides, and waterways that create the county’s striking natural beauty.
- Provide connections between urban areas, parks, and natural areas throughout the county for both people and wildlife.
- Preserve diverse natural areas that provide habitat for wildlife.
- Protect the waterways and natural lands that maintain water quality and supply.
- Partner with local agencies and organizations to leverage funding for land protection, foster stewardship, and provide opportunities for recreational and educational experiences.