Envisioning our Future Together
The Sonoma County Agricultural Preservation and Open Space District is launching the Vital Lands Initiative – a comprehensive plan that will guide the District’s work for the next 15 years. Building on our 25+ years of successful land conservation work, the initiative will outline strategies for protecting our most precious open space lands to preserve agriculture, natural resources, recreation, scenic vistas, greenbelt areas, and urban open space.
The Vital Lands Initiative will:
- Use the best available science, data and technical information
- Include significant community input and involvement over the next several months
- Outline clear strategies for conserving land
- Create an opportunity to build on the last 25+ years of land conservation
- Enhance partnerships with community groups and organizations
We want to hear from you!
Please join us at one or all of the following meetings to let us know what agricultural and open space lands are important to protect in your community and countywide!
Please note: these are the first in a series of meetings and public input opportunities that will take place over the next 4-6 months. As a result of this community input, we intend to bring a draft plan back to the community for review later this year. Check back for updates or sign up for our e-newsletter to learn about more opportunities to provide input.
Vital Lands Initiative Community Meetings | 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- March 14 – Healdsburg Community Center, Healdsburg
- March 15 – El Molino High School Library, Forestville
- March 21 – Petaluma Community Center, Petaluma
- March 29 – Santa Rosa Veterans Building – Dining Room, Santa Rosa
- March 30 – Finnish American Heritage Hall, Sonoma
Please use this form to RSVP for these meetings.
Can’t make it to a meeting? No problem! Send us an email with your feedback.